what new yorkers are reading on the subway


Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fool Stop Trippin'

Outward-bound E Train Making Local Stops at Steinway Street in Queens
My new favorite book title is Fool Stop Trippin', a novel by Tina Brooks McKinney. Bashiekh, a security guard, recommended it. Said he's read it twice. He reads all books twice, in in case he misses something the first time. This novel is set in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. I asked him if the book is about survival and he said yes. I learned that Fool Stop Trippin' is the third in McKinney's Drama trilogy, which includes All That Drama and Lawd, Mo' Drama. One thing I liked about Bashiekh is that when he heard me interview Debra, who was sitting next to him--she was reading New Moon--he pulled his book out. First time, I think, someone actually wanted to get himself on Underground Reads. Thanks, Bashiekh.

No comments: